Miss Annie in Indy's Note:
This is an inspiration from Sugarpea and her recipe: Bowtie Pasta with Broccoli and Broccoli sauce. If you're trying to loose weight, are on a low carb diet or just trying to eat healthier check out House Foods Shirataki noodles. What a great alternative to pasta. It's quick to fix, so good for you and tastes GREAT! UPDATE: I made a couple of modifications to this recipe to make a LOT less fat and more healthy thanks to my reviewer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the broccoli buds into small florets, leaving as short a stem as possible and set aside.
- 2Cut the remaining broccoli stems into 1/2" pieces; steam the broccoli pieces, the diced onion and the garlic, in 1 cup of lightly salted water for 10 minutes or until very soft.
- 3Meanwhile, place shirataki noodles in a colander, rinse in water thorourghly and drain. At this point I use my kitchen scissors to cut the noodles into bite sized pieces.
- 4Place the chicken broth, reserved florets and shirataki noodles into a small pot and steam or boil 4 to 5 minutes, retaining the bright green color and a bit of crunch; drain liquid and reserve.
- 5In a food processor, puree the cooked broccoli, onion and garlic until very smooth, adding a bit of the reserved pasta broth if needed to make a smooth sauce; add feta cheese, pulse until melted; add salt & pepper to taste.
- 6Pour warm sauce over the shirataki noodles & broccoli and stir gently to combine; plate and sprinkle with extra feta cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shirataki Noodles With Broccoli & Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 324.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese