Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 5 mins
Hearty brown bread goes great with steaks & makes wonderful sandwiches! Note: Time includes rising
- The night before: Pour beer into mug, cover with paper towel, and let sit out on counter overnight.
- Next day: Dissolve yeast in warm water in mixing bowl. Mix in honey.
- Add both flours & salt, and stir to mix. Stir in oil and slowly add beer. Mix well. Place dough on floured work surface and knead 15 minutes. (Dust with flour if dough is too sticky).
- Place lightly oiled bowl & cover. Let rise to double in size.
- Punch down and let rest 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into four oval shaped loaves. Place loaves on lightly oiled cookie sheet. Score with a knife (I usually make 2 diagonally placed scored a couple of inches apart.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cover loosely with saran wrap and allow to double in size again.
- Bake 30 minutes.