Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Rachael Ray, this is yummy! French and Spanish inspired!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (I use balsamic vinegar!) or 2 tablespoons dry sherry (I use balsamic vinegar!)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic and onions.
- Saute them 2 to 3 minutes then add cherry tomatoes.
- Turn tomatoes to coat with oil.
- Add sherry vinegar or sherry, sugar, pepper flakes and salt.
- Toss to coat tomatoes and roast for 18 to 20 minutes.
Sharon, I dumped the whole mixture including whole cherry tomatoes from our CSA box, in a small baking dish and roasted about 25 minutes. Garnished with fresh basil from our garden and served with grilled kalamata olive bread. Served with a modified salade nicoise for an easy dinner meal tonight. Used sherry wine vinegar and we like the way the mixture starts off sweet to the palate and the afterburn from the red pepper flakes. Great combination! Thank you! Reviewed for Veg Tag/July.
Very yummy! I love the sherry vinegar in it. I used less oil/sugar/red pepper flakes and just did this all in the oven (but left the garlic for the last 2 minutes so it wouldn't burn). Great side dish.
Love love looooove this recipe! What else needs to be said? Fast, easy and super yummy. I've used both sherry and balsamic vinegar and I like them both equally, most of the time I omit the sugar and double the red pepper just because I like it hot! I serve this with just about everything and if there are any leftovers (rarely) I mix them in with eggs in the morning.