Recipe by Lainey39
This is a delicious moist cake topped with a glaze and made in a bundt pan.
Top Review by dianespencer2003
I ake this at Christmastime, but with a few changes. I use 3/4 c oil and 3/4 c sherry and 1 tsp nutmeg, and I don't use the butter flavoring or do the sugar on the batter step. after baking I poke some holes and pour a glaze of powdered sugar, a bit of oil and orange juice. while I haven't tried this version, i'm pretty sure my way tastes better. I make it in mini loaves because I give it away during the holidays, and have found that if I really coat it with the glaze, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze first, it slices better.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter-flavored oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, cooking oil, sherry, the 1 T butter flavoring and the nutmeg.
- Blend at low speed till combined.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into bundt pan.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar and cinnamon mixture over batter in pan.
- Add another 1/3 of the cake batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 15 minutes before placing on cake plate.
- For glaze, mix together the confectioners' sugar, the vanilla, milk and butter flavoring until smooth.
- Spoon over warm cake.