Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Adapted from BHG. A good hearty cold-weather stew that is easily made in the crockpot.
- 4 cups sliced assorted fresh mushrooms (button, crimini, and shitake)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, with seasoning packet
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- Put the mushrooms, carrots, celery, and rice mix with seasoning packet into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Put meat on top of the vegetables.
- Pour beef broth and sherry over all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8-10 hours.