Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food heaven for the meat and potatoes set. Best if made in a cast iron skillet.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs lamb
- 8 medium potatoes (Yukon Gold preferred)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 large onion
- 12 ounces canned corn
- 12 ounces canned creamed corn
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Peel and cube potatoes and add to salted boiling water.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Smash, peel, and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat skillet on medium-high and once hot add olive oil.
- Add onions to skillet and saute until clear.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Sprinkle paprika over beef and mix. Turn burner to low.
- Drain potatoes, add milk and butter, mash.
- Spread potatoes over meat.
- Mix cream and kernel corn and spread over potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese over corn.
- Place skillet in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve with crusty bread and salad.