Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Meat and potatoes in a pan. Is there any better way to please a man?
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled,diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk (approximate)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mash
- add 2 tbsp. of the butter and enough milk to have a firm but not runny consistency.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in saute pan; add onion, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, and cook until beef is lightly browned; drain off any excess fat.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to beef and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, adding 1-2 tbsp. water to keep beef from drying out, as needed.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir together and add beef broth and cornstarch; bring all to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add nutmeg.
- Remove from heat.
- Place meat mixture into ovenproof casserole dish; cover with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika if you like.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are light golden.
Yum! This recipe was great. So tasty and delicious. I added corn and peas in mine and it was a lovely meal.
A great recipe five stars from everyone in my family.This is my first time making a casserole of any sort.This was a great way to start and now i am interested in the other many recipes on this site thank you very much. I also make this regularly now and have it down to a science. It's a very easy recipe to make and it takes very little time.
This is good. Next time I will leave out the nutmeg. Personal preference.