Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"Sheila Lushkins, co founder of the Silver Palate empire, gives us a bright variation on an old theme with this unusual succotash, which makes wonderful use of the fresh lima beans that come to market in late summer. If you can't wait, frozen limas, quickly cooked, are a fine substitute." Saveur Magazine, August 2008.
- 3 cups cooked baby lima beans
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels, blanched
- 1 cup diced peeled and seeded cucumber
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and dce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 scallion, with 3-inch of green thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Combine lima beans, corn, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and scallions in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar & curry powder together.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper & red pepper flakes, if using.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss well with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Shortly before using, toss with cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve cold.