Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has been in our family since the 70's. My mother got the recipe from an older lady in our neighborhood and I've never seen another salad recipe similar. It's a vinegar/oil based dressing with a mix of delicious salad ingredients that can't be beat!!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 1 large red onion, dice small
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- Layer salad ingredients 1/3 lettuce, 2 eggs, 1/3 onion, 1/3 cauliflower, 1/3 olives then 1/3 cheese.
- Repeat until all ingredients used. This is not necessary, but makes it easier to toss.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad.