Recipe by KristinV
Shanghai-style chow mein is known as hakka noodles in India, where Chinese cuisine is relished. This is a speedy dish to put together and tastes fantastic.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diagonally sliced
- 2 shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 cups white cabbage, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 400 g wheat flour noodles, cooked
- chopped chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan and sauté the garlic, chillies and onion over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, shiitake, cabbage, green capsicum and bean sprouts and stir-fry, with the heat still on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pepper and salt.
- Stir in the noodles and heat through. Serve garnished with chives.