Recipe by Grammy Charlotte
Found this recipe in a diabetic cookbook.
Top Review by evewitch
This is why I don't ever trust diet recipes. There was nothing really wrong with this, I guess. They were just horribly bland. Also, marbles are *really small*. Kind of a waste of time - my thinking is this is meant to be a dough-less wonton or something. I also didn't really understand parsley in a "Shanghai" dish.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Coat the inside of a food processor work bowl and the metal blade with vegetable oil spray. Transfer the chicken to the work bowl. Pulse 6 times until coarsely chopped. In a small dish, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Stir to blend. Add to the work bowl along with the onion and the parsley. Pulse 3 or 4 times just to mix.
- Shape the mixture into 32 marble size balls. place on the baking sheet. Continue until all the meatballs are shaped. Spritz lightly with vegetable oil spray. Roll gently to coat.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.