Wendys Kitchen's Note:
From : http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/shakshuka/88976
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled & halved
- 1/2-1 chili, stemmed and deseeded, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 30 g tomato paste
- 10 g honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine or 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 20 g salad greens of choice such as radish greens, watercress, kale, Swiss chard or 20 g spinach, coarsley chopped
- 115 g feta cheese, cut into generous bite-sized cubes
- 4 -6 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled (whole)
- 1Place spices into TM bowl and grind on speed 10 for 1 minute.
- 2Add the garlic and chop on speed 8 for 3 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 3Add onion and chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 4Add olive oil and cook on 100° deg for 5 minutes on speed 1.
- 5Add tomatoes, tomato paste, honey, and vinegar, and cook for 15 minutes on 100° deg speed 1, or until the sauce has thickened somewhat but is still loose enough so that when you shake the bowl it sloshes around.
- 6Stir in the chopped greens and cook on reverse and speed 1 for 5 minutes.
- 7If you want to finish the Shakshuka on the stovetop, place your your tomato sauce in a large frying pan and press the cubes of feta into the tomato sauce. With the back of a spoon, make 6 indentations in the sauce. Crack an egg into each indentation, then drag a spatula gently through the egg whites so it mingles a bit with the tomato sauce, being careful not to disturb the yolks.
- 8Turn the heat on the sauce to a gentle simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes, taking some of the tomato sauce and basting the egg whites from time-to-time. Cover, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shakshuka - Thermomix
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1332.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: