Recipe by Glori-B
Some of the best elements of other Shakshuka recipes in one place. Shortcuts abound.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, fried
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions about 3 or 4 minutes in coconut oil. When translucent, tender and starting to brown, add prepared fried peppers and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add garlic, salt, sugar, paprika, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, and cumin. Stir to thoroughly combine. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Make small wells (one at a time) in the simmering sauce and crack an egg into each.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes. Serve when the eggs are cooked to soft / medium stage. Yummy with crusty bread or in a pita or on their own.