Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple preparation for this spring time delicacy --from Dorian's Fish Market in Manhattan. Serve it with some crisp bacon or some capers.
- 1 shad roe pair
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 lemon
- Puncture the roe in several places with a pin.
- Season roe with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet with a lid.
- Add roe and GENTLY saute for 3-4 minutes. Turn over with care, using a spatula.
- Cover and let simmer for about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Divide roe in half carefully. Transfer to plates.
- Spoon melted butter over roe, sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.