Prep 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great vegetarian recipe from Ann Arbor restaurant, Seva.
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 cups canned tomato puree
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- spaghetti, cooked per package instructions (1/2-1 lb)
- Thaw tempeh overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to prepare, cut tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes and steam in a double boiler for 20 minutes.
- While the tempeh is steaming, saute olive oil, garlic, red onion, and mushrooms in a saucepan until the onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Then, add canned tomato puree (not tomato sauce), diced tomatoes, tempeh, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes on medium-low heat while preparing spaghetti noodles.
- Serve over spaghetti.