Recipe by Lainey39
Taken from Ladies' Home Journal. I haven't made this yet, but I plan on doing so when zucchini and squash are abundant this summer. The ribbon peeling and the colors of the zucchini and squash make this a pretty and tasty side dish.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ How much better can you get than with this unusual way of serving a side dish of squash ~ It's great-tasting & when guests see it, well...! I did make one small addition to it, in that just before serving it I sprinkled about 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds over it! Thanks much for this recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini and squash lengthwise to form ribbons, discarding inner seeded core of squash.
- Heat 1 T vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add half of zucchini and squash ribbons; cook, tossing with tongs 1 minute.
- Transfer to a colander set over a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining 1 T vegetable oil and the ribbons.
- Let stand in colander 20 minutes to drain; transfer to serving bowl.
- Toss with juice and sesame oil; salt and pepper to taste.