Taken from Ladies' Home Journal. I haven't made this yet, but I plan on doing so when zucchini and squash are abundant this summer. The ribbon peeling and the colors of the zucchini and squash make this a pretty and tasty side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini and squash lengthwise to form ribbons, discarding inner seeded core of squash.
- 2Heat 1 T vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 3Add half of zucchini and squash ribbons; cook, tossing with tongs 1 minute.
- 4Transfer to a colander set over a bowl.
- 5Repeat with remaining 1 T vegetable oil and the ribbons.
- 6Let stand in colander 20 minutes to drain; transfer to serving bowl.
- 7Toss with juice and sesame oil; salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Zucchini Ribbons
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g