Refrigerator Pickled Zucchini Ribbons
Taken from the June/96 issue of Cooking Light magazine
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves (with peel left on)
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds, thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- Combine first nine ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Combine zucchini and onion in a large bowl and pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours before using.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation