Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this site while catching up on some cooking episodes at Hulu. I can't wait to try it. It was from Healthy Appetite.with Ellie Krieger.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled, cleaned
- 5 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced, cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked and very cold
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a very large nonstick skillet or wok over a high heat. Add the scallions, ginger and shrimp and cook stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue cooking until it begins to soften, but is still somewhat crisp, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the shrimp-cabbage mixture to a bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in the same skillet or wok over a medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp-cabbage mixture back to the skillet, stir in the soy sauce and sesame seeds and serve.
Just finished cooking it. I used Jasmine Rice because I did not have any brown rice handy. Being from Louisiana, I used a Creole Mix, (shallots, onion, bell pepper, garlic)...I also added a few shredded carrots. DELISH! Thanks for sharing!