Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Snack, starter or side dish. You can make the paste a few hours in advance, wrap it up and put in the fridge until needed.
- To make the paste, put in your food processor: the prawns, salt, egg, ginger, soy, onions and sesame oil, process into a paste.
- Cut the bread into rectangles, approx 3 per slice.
- Spread the prawn paste on the bread, with a slight mound in the center.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and press the paste side into the seeds.
- Heat the oil to a medium heat and deep-fry the toasts paste side down for 2 to 3 minutes then turn them over and fry until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, drain on paper kitchen towel.
- Repeat process until they are all done.
- NOTE: Use bread that is not fresh, if it is, dry it out in your oven, it will absorb less oil You can also make the paste by hand chopping everything very finely.
Excellent. Up to now I had thought making Sesame Prawn Toast would be difficult. Suggestion, we found the ginger taste was a little strong. When we next make this recipe we will cut down the amoutn used.
very tasty and cooked up really well. i cooked these in my deep fryerin batches and they weren't greasy at all, i served this as an appetizer but this would be great finger food at a party too
We love this! I only spread the mix on four slices, to get it nice and thick, and just fry them sesame seeds downwards, so the mix cooks right through<br/>Today I've done a dirt-cheap variation, using crab-stix instead of prawns, and leaving all the other ingredients the same... It worked perfectly!