1/4 Photos of Sesame Prawn Toast
Snack, starter or side dish. You can make the paste a few hours in advance, wrap it up and put in the fridge until needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the paste, put in your food processor: the prawns, salt, egg, ginger, soy, onions and sesame oil, process into a paste.
- 2Cut the bread into rectangles, approx 3 per slice.
- 3Spread the prawn paste on the bread, with a slight mound in the center.
- 4Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and press the paste side into the seeds.
- 5Heat the oil to a medium heat and deep-fry the toasts paste side down for 2 to 3 minutes then turn them over and fry until they are golden brown.
- 6Remove from the oil, drain on paper kitchen towel.
- 7Repeat process until they are all done.
- 8NOTE: Use bread that is not fresh, if it is, dry it out in your oven, it will absorb less oil You can also make the paste by hand chopping everything very finely.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Prawn Toast
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 290.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g