Snack, starter or side dish. You can make the paste a few hours in advance, wrap it up and put in the fridge until needed.
- To make the paste, put in your food processor: the prawns, salt, egg, ginger, soy, onions and sesame oil, process into a paste.
- Cut the bread into rectangles, approx 3 per slice.
- Spread the prawn paste on the bread, with a slight mound in the center.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and press the paste side into the seeds.
- Heat the oil to a medium heat and deep-fry the toasts paste side down for 2 to 3 minutes then turn them over and fry until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, drain on paper kitchen towel.
- Repeat process until they are all done.
- NOTE: Use bread that is not fresh, if it is, dry it out in your oven, it will absorb less oil You can also make the paste by hand chopping everything very finely.