Swedish Creamy Dill Prawn Toasts With Caviar - Skagenrora
- Ready In:
- 1 kg whole cooked prawns
- 250 ml sour cream
- 250 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill, plus 8 fronds to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- squeeze lemon juice
- black pepper
- 25 -50 g butter
- 8 slices rye bread, halved
- 1 teaspoon red caviar (or red lumpfish roe)
- Carefully remove the shells and heads from the prawns. Put the sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped dill, chives and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the prawns. Add more lemon juice if needed.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Working in batches, add the rye bread and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the prawn mixture piled on top of the fried bread and garnish each portion with a dab of caviar or lumpfish roe and a frond of dill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation