Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Made to go with Lemon Chicken and fried rice dinner. Rachel Ray 30 minute meal recipe served with Lemon Chicken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon wok oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, several drops or a drizzle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (a handful)
- coarse salt
- Steam green beans covered in 1/2-inch boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a colander and run under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Heat a wok shaped skillet or large nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- add in the wok or vegetable oil, add several drops sesame oil, and crushed pepper flakes.
- The pan will smoke.
- Add beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and coarse salt and toss to coat beans evenly.
These were really nice green beans. We added some soy sauce to them, but otherwise followed and enjoyed the recipe as is. They turned out very nice looking and good to eat. Thank you. Made for Camera-less Chef tag.