Recipe by gailanng
This meets somewhere between Asia and the Middle East...sassy sesame chicken stuffed pockets.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onions or 1 cup red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 -6 pita pocket bread, halved
- 2 -3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the chicken in a skillet with the olive and sesame oils over medium-high heat until lightly golden.
- While chicken is browning, make a well in pan's center and add the sesame seeds, gently stirring them occasionally until browned. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire, chili flakes and about half of the jalapeno. .
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, onions and rosemary.
- To serve, fill the pocket bread halves with chicken/tomato mixture, some lettuce and cheese, then garnish with a little sour cream.