Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted on WW site by 'DC Native'. Haven't tried it myself yet.
- 2 cups brown rice (about 1/2 C uncooked)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (93% fat free)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (sub Core oil or use WPAs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix (found near bagged salads in produce dept)
- 1 cup napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Prepare brown rice according to its package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, in a medium skillet or wok, brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove the beef from the skillet, drain & set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic & green onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli slaw & cabbage; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice & soy sauce; stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Return the cooked ground beef to the skillet w/the rice & vegetable mixture & season w/red pepper flakes, to taste. Stir until ingredients are well-combined & heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Divide into 2 portions, serve & enjoy!
This was good. I used a cole slaw mix for the napa cabbage. I think if I make this again I will add some bok choy as its our favorite in Chinese inspired foods. This wasn't our favorite out of other similar recipes but it was very good and I'll be playing with it. It doubled well. I think there is more than 2 servings here to begin with.