Recipe by Ken Nipper
The almonds and sesame give a wonderful flavor to this recipe. Just try it and see how wonderfully different these fried wings are
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 egg whites
- 6 cups peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- You can find the almonds, rice flour, and sesame seeds at the asian food market.
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting into 3 pieces each and discard the wing tips.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and add cut up chicken wings.
- Allow to sit in marinde for 30 minutes.
- Grind some almonds in the food proccesor for about 30 seconds to make the ground almonds for the coating mix.
- Preheat peanut oil in large deep fryer to 350'F Use a frying thermometer if you have one.
- While waiting for oil to heat up:.
- Combine coating mixture ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat the 2 egg whites in a small bowl.
- Dip marinated chicken wings in egg whites and then in coating mix.
- Deep fry for 11 minutes at 350'.
- Drain on a paper towel to absorb extra oil.