Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband loves me to cook this.Serve with beans,rice and tortillas.Hope you like it hot!!
- 1 lb boneless pork (cubed)
- 4 serrano chilies
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- salt (I use kosher)
- Heat oil and garlic cloves in saucepan.
- Brown pork.
- When brown turn heat down and simmer.
- In a separate pot combine chilies and tomatoes and cover with water (at least 3 cups.) Boil together about 20 min.
- Drain tomatoes and chilies but reserve 1/2 cup of water.
- Peel tomatoes and cut ends of peppers.
- Combine 1/2c water,salt (you will need to taste sauce to tell how much salt to add), peeled tomatoes and chilies in blender and blend until mixed.
- Add to pork and simmer 15-20 minutes (thelonger they simmer the hotter it is).
Wow, this'll curl your toes! It was good, very good. I'm so proud I could handle it; the black tutle beans I served it with helped. I recommend adding the chilies to the blender one at a time and tasting between additions. There's no mention of the onion in the instructions so I added it in step one. By the time the blended tomato mixture was added, the onions were nicely carmelized. Yum. This would be great with corn bread, wish I'd thought of that. Next time.