Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The garlic in this recipe gives the spinach a zesty flavor. Absolutely delicious! The recipe is from "Family Circle", "Woman's Day", or "Woman's World" magazine, 2005.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spinach and cook, stirring, just until it turns bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat, add the spinach, green onion, sesame seeds, and salt; stir to combine.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to seep into the spinach.
- erve warm or cold.
I didn't have the sesame seeds and used one 10 oz bag of fresh spinach. Spinach really cooks down, so it only made two servings worth. The sesame seeds would have given it a nice nutty touch, but overall the spinach turned out ok. A dash of salt in the ingredients also helped bring the flavors out.