Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These simple potato slices make a nice quick snack, or an easy side dish. I like to serve them with burgers or hot dogs , as a healthy substitute for greasy french fries.
- 1 medium potato (peeled or unpeeled, as you prefer)
- cooking spray (e.g. Pam) or vegetable oil
- seasoning salt, to taste
- Slice potato cross-wise into very thin slices.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray (or brush lightly with oil).
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer on baking pan.
- Spray potato slices with cooking spray (or brush lightly with oil).
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Broil in oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn potato slices over, and sprinkle other side with seasoned salt.
- Broil 3-5 minutes longer.
You really can't go wrong with this one! The potatoes were slightly crispy and very yummy. I didn't have seasoning salt, so used some Mrs. Dash. I'm guessing you could have fun playing around with all sorts of different seasonings on these. I'd love to try rosemary or garlic. My slices looked a little thick (time to sharpen my knives??) so instead of broiling I baked them at a high heat, about 450-475F till they started to brown. The few leftover slices I had re-heated nicely in a hot oven for a few minutes. Great side dish, Cornelia!
Very very simple and very good is all there is to say. Made for Zaars Alphabet Soup Tag Game.
Made some of these for a night time snack last night for hubby and I. I did half with creole seasoning, and half with Taco seasoning. We loved them.Hubby really dug into the taco flavored ones. Thanks Oz, we enjoyed these.(By the way,love the John Lennon icon!)