Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This busy beach scene is easy to create when you stir crushed pineapple into berry blue gelatin, chill, then top with graham cracker crumb "sand". Add fun details with simple store-bought items like gummy fish, chocolate seashells, paper umbrellas and more.
- 4 (3 ounce) packages berry blue gelatin mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 28 squares)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- decorative candies, for decorating
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle cracker mixture over half of the gelatin to form a beach. Decorate as desired.