Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Seared Steak Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce fresh green beans, trimmed or 8 fresh green beans
- 2 cups torn mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup quartered grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons creamy fat-free caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces boneless sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 ounce shaved fresh parmesan cheese or 2 teaspoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan plunge green beans into boiling water for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Cool.
- In medium bowl combine greens, tomatoes and salad dressing. Add green beans. Toss until combined. Arrange on serving plate.
- In small bowl stir together cumin, salt and pepper. Rub on both sides of beef. In small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook steak over medium heat for 9 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Cut steak across grain into thin slices. Arrange on top of greens mixture.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over steak. Top salad with onion and cheese.
- MAKE IT A MEAL:.
- -One 2 1/2-inch whole wheat dinner roll.
- -1 medium nectarine (about 1 cup sliced) topped with 1 container (6 ounces) low-fat vanilla yogurt and sprinkled with nutmeg.
- -Iced tea with lemon wedge.