Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine.
Make and share this Seared Spiced Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon plus 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 10 sea scallops, rinsed (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Prepare squash per package directions. Add butter, cayenne, 1/8 tsp ginger, and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the coriander, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 tsp salt on both sides, then press one side of each scallop into the spice mixture; set aside spice sides up.
- In a skillet, heat the oil on medium high until very hot, but not smoking. Add the scallops, spice sides down. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Turn over and cook 2 minutes more or until golden brown and opaque in the center. Remove from heat.
- Divide squash between two plates. Top with scallops. Garnish with cut chives, if desired.