Recipe by Irish Rose
This is my favorite way to cook a rump roast and many years ago, our local butcher told me how to fix this. In my opinion, a rump roast is the very best cut for a roast and it has never failed me! I like to sear it first to seal in the juices.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Put rump roast into large roasting pan and sear each side of roast for about 15 minutes until dark brown.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to pan.
- Cover with foil, reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours (depending on the size of your roast), OR until fork goes easily into meat.
- Remove roast from pan and let it "rest" for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the most wonderful gravy from all of the drippings.