Recipe by RuPei
This is my version of seafood stew. I really like it and it's one of my favorite dishes! You can add any seafood you like instead of salmon and mussels.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, seeded if prefer
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large slicing tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice from it
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lb salmon, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 lb cooked mussels
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger until onion turns a little brown.
- Stir in jalapeño peppers and sauté for about 40 seconds.
- Add red bell pepper and tomatoes to skillet and combine well.
- Reduce heat to medium. Carefully pour in water and increase heat to high. Continue to stir in sea salt, lime juice and half of the cilantro (1/4 cup). Combine well and bring to boil.
- Add salmon and white wine. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mussels and cover again. Cook for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle green onions and the rest of cilantro. Enjoy!