Recipe by Mysterygirl
A great seafood dish for that special dinner for two.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, this was wonderful Mystergirl, thank you so much for sharing. I used sea scallops and large shrimps. They turned out beautifully. The sauce was dynamite. Very tasty. The seafood blended perfectly with the sauce. I didn't have linguinne so I used fusilli pasta. It worked great. I love your recipe, its so versatile. I can't wait to try this with lobster or crab. I will definitely be making this again often. My DH said 5*'s...all the way.
- 3 (1700.97 g) live maine lobsters or 453.59 g crabmeat or 453.59 g shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 340.19 g dry linguine
- 29.58 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sliced onions
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 473.18 ml peeled seeded and diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml green onion, 1/2 inch sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml seafood seasoning, to taste
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam lobsters in one inch of water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pot and cool.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Pick meat out of the shells and dice in large pieces.
- Carefully extract claw meat and leave whole.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook water out of them, remove and reserve.
- Add wine and reduce by one-half.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add reserved lobster broth and reduce by one-forth.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and add reserved lobster (except for claw meat) and mushrooms, yogurt, scallions, parsley and seafood seasoning to taste.
- Add Parmesan cheese to thicken.
- Toss half of sauce with cooked linguine.
- Arrange on plate; pour remaining half of sauce over each serving.
- Top each serving with the whole claw meat.
- to substitute other seafood- substitute shrimp or vegetable broth for lobster broth.