Mixed Seafood Saute
We have this over rice, noodles, or sometimes with just a baked potato.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cleaned
- 1⁄2 lb scallops, cut up if large ones
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and oil in lg skillet.
- Add all the seafood and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add seasonings, mix well.
- Mix cream and sherry; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The flavors in this dish are outstanding, and it made a great special occasion (Father's Day) dinner for us. Very rich. I do wish the sauce had thickened more. It was very thin. Also, following this cooking technique, I could not get a good sear on my scallops. I added them to the pan over high heat before adding the shrimp, but I couldn't get that appealing char on them at all. These minor concerns aside, everyone at the table loved this seafood dish and it came together easily. I served with sides of orzo, crusty multigrain bread, corn on the cob and a mixed greens salad. Thanks Mizz Nezz!Reply