Recipe by breezermom
This recipe is saved for the holidays or special occasions at my house. The rich sherry-cream sauce blankets this elegant combination of delicately flavored seafood and vegetables. I really love the individual presentation with the puff pastry shells. For starters or normal-sized appetites, one is enough, but for my DS and what used to be my husband, now my ex, 2 or 3 was a serving for them. So it is hard to state a serving size....I'd say between 6 and 10 depending on appetite sizes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'd planned to cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us, but then we had unexpected company. I ended up making it for 6, & it was received with raves even by the teenagers! Absolutely wonderful & definitely something I'd make again! Really enjoyed the combo of scallops & crab! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 10 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb scallops, fresh bay scallops (the small ones)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 lb crabmeat, picked and drained (may substitute 6 oz frozen crabmeat, thawed and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (3 oz)
- 1 (4 ounce) jarchopped pimentos, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the pastry shells according to the package directions; set aside, and keep warm.
- Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and saute, stirring constantly, until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the Dutch oven with a slotted spoon; set mushrooms aside.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter in the Dutch oven over low heat. Add the flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the half and half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt, if desired. Add the pepper.
- Add the reserved shrimp, reserved mushrooms, scallops, peas, crabmeat and sherry. Stir gently. Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink and the scallops are opaque.
- Stir in the cheese and pimento. Cook just until the cheese melts and the mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Place the warm pastry shells on a serving platter. Spoon seafood mixture evenly into the shells, and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve immediately.