Recipe by JANIC412
Here is a Seafood Newburg recipe that I make for parties-you can just use extra lobster instead of the mixed seafood. Seafood Newburg
Top Review by A la Carte
I'm so glad I made this for X-mas eve dinner this year! DELICIOUS! It took just minutes to throw together, but it tasted like it was slaved over. My family were raving about it, so thank you for a great meal Janic312! Cooking notes: I added 1 lb of oysters to the mix, and I doubled the recipe otherwise. It served 13 with about a cup of stew each - It was really rich.
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, left whole (use small to med. shrimp)
- 1 lb bay scallop, thoroughly cleaned
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 lb lobster, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 can cream of shrimp, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- to taste salt
- to taste white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach the seafood in water and white wine being careful not to overcook. Remove from pan and drain. Reserve a little for garnish
- Make sauce: Saute onions in butter making sure not to brown them-gradually add flour stirring well after each addition.
- Add the cream and soup. Cook until thick and creamy stirring continuously.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, sherry, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
- Keep stirring.
- Add all seafood except the crab meat and carefully blend into the sauce- gently stir in the crab.Serve over rice, noodles or puff pastry shells.
- Garnish with some cooked shrimp or lobster pieces.
- Sprinkle a little fresh chopped parsley over.
- This serves about 12 for appetizers or 6 for entree..