Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use shrimp or scallops (or a combination) in this delicious sauce flavored with basil, garlic, and oil. You can also use the sauce on poached salmon or whitefish, too. I like to serve this over pasta with some sauteed whole mushrooms and a tossed green salad. Be sure not too cook the seafood too long or it will toughen. This recipe is easily halved or doubled.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scallops (thawed, if frozen) or 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (thawed, if frozen) or 1 1⁄2 lbs crabmeat (thawed, if frozen)
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped or 2 tablespoons dry basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a blender of food processor, combine basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and 1 T. melted butter. Process until smooth.
- Heat the 2 T. butter in a heavy skillet over high heat until the butter bubbles.
- Add seafood, turning quickly in the butter to evenly coat. Reduce heat to medium. Saute, stirring, until seafood is heated through and cooked.
- Add sherry. Simmer 30 seconds. Add sauce from blender or food processor. Stir with spatula until sauce coats seafood evenly.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
This is delicious! I made this for scallops, and would love to have served over angel hair pasta, but right now I can't have any pasta for dietary reasons. Fabulous scallops, and I know I'll make these again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Holiday Tag game.
Very tasty and easy sauce...we had this with scallops and it was delicious. Thanks for posting!