Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
i adapted this from bon appetit. it was wonderful with hey jude's tartar sauce!
Make and share this seafood fritters recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup diced scallops (about 5 sea scallops)
- 1⁄2 cup diced shrimp (about 6 or 7 large)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup pale ale
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped jalapenos
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- lemon wedge, for squeezing
- tartar sauce (optional)
- whisk first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- make a well in the center.
- add eggs, scallions, scallops, shrimp, red onion, clam juice, ale and jalapeno, stir well to blend preheat oven to 250.
- pour oil into skillet to reach 1 inch, heat over medium-hi.
- working in batches drop batter by heaping spoonfuls into oil, fry about 3 minutes per side remove to a paper towel lined pan and keep warm in oven.
- serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Oh my, these are so good! And, yes, they ROCK with my tartar sauce. I made them exactly as the recipe is written and we (3 people) ate the whole batch. This is great football-watching food! Thanks chia, this is definitely a keeper.
these fritters were delicious. I used only shrimp as I couldn't find scallops here and all ale as, again, there was no clamato to be found - I didn't think the recipe suffered at all! Delicious and everyone loved the crunchy, savoury/sweet fritters (sweetness provided by lots of yummy shrimp).
These turned out GREAT - the only problem I had was trying to pick them up out of the frying pan using tongs; I dropped the fritter on accident and burned the you-know-what out of my right hand. So BE CAREFUL!! The photo is mine; I am showing these served with Hey Jude's Tartar Sauce (recipe 65769) and Evelyn'/Athens' Papaya Salsa (recipe 232592).