Recipe by chia
i adapted this from bon appetit. it was wonderful with hey jude's tartar sauce!
Top Review by Hey Jude
Oh my, these are so good! And, yes, they ROCK with my tartar sauce. I made them exactly as the recipe is written and we (3 people) ate the whole batch. This is great football-watching food! Thanks chia, this is definitely a keeper.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup diced scallops (about 5 sea scallops)
- 1⁄2 cup diced shrimp (about 6 or 7 large)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup pale ale
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped jalapenos
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- lemon wedge, for squeezing
- tartar sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- make a well in the center.
- add eggs, scallions, scallops, shrimp, red onion, clam juice, ale and jalapeno, stir well to blend preheat oven to 250.
- pour oil into skillet to reach 1 inch, heat over medium-hi.
- working in batches drop batter by heaping spoonfuls into oil, fry about 3 minutes per side remove to a paper towel lined pan and keep warm in oven.
- serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.