Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is very nice served with Orzo. Great choice to serve your special guests. You can prepare it earlier and bake just before serving.
- 453.59 g shrimp
- 453.59 g scallops
- 2.46 ml seafood seasoning
- 2.46 ml emeril's spice essence
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 103.53 ml butter
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml flour
- 354.88 ml milk
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chives, chopped
- Sauté seafood and shallots in 3 tablespoons butter and seafood seasoning.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chicken broth,salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add to seafood.
- In another pan melt the remaining butter and add flour to make paste.
- Add milk, chicken broth, Emeril's Essence and tomato paste stir until smooth.
- Combine sauce and seafood mixture and place in a casserole or individual ramekins.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 30 minutes.
This is another recipe from my PAC pile! I just finished serving this to a close friend of mine who does not cook. She loved it and so did I. I used Old Bay seasoning for the seafood and Tony's Creole in place of the Emeril's Essence. I was visiting with my girlfriend while making this and just realized as I am reviewing it that I forgot the toamto paste! Well, it was wonderful without it! I did use more cheese than the recipe called for and served it over mini penne pasta.