Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A very unique and special entree; the sauce really perks up the sea bass, its acidity cuts through the richness of the fish and creates a nice "sweet heat". I like this with rice and a salad sprinkled with pine nuts.
- 4 sea bass fillets (about 1-1/2 lbs. total)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
For the sauce
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh strawberry slices (to garnish)
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine sea bass fillets, salt and pepper to taste, and Tabasco Sauce; refrigerate at least 4 hours; up to overnight is fine.
- In a small saucepan combine the 3/4 tablespoons Tabasco Sauce, strawberry preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, seafood cocktail sauce and garlic powder; simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Correct seasoning with salt to taste.
- In the meantime, saute the marinated sea bass fillets in the olive oil until fish is lightly browned and flakes easily but is not dry, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with the strawberry sauce.
- Garnish with strawberry slices.
A very easy dish to make; took less than 15 minutes. I loved the spicy strawberry sauce...it was amazing!