Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delightful holiday-themed recipe from scratch ingredients. The recipe may be cut in half or doubled according to the size of your team.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 miniature candy canes
- Plug in an electric waffle iron to heat.
- Make whipped cream: Beat whipping cream, vanilla extract, cream of tartar and a pinch of salt until you have fairly stiff peaks. Refrigerate the whipped cream.
- Make waffles: Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and eggs then slowly whisk in the eggnog, starting with about a half cup. The ultimate amount of eggnog required will depend on the characteristics of your flour, the humidity and temperature. Add eggnog and whisk until the mixture is the consistency of heavy whipping cream.
- Cook the waffles according your griddle's instructions. Serve each with a dollop of whipped cream with a candy cane on top. Dust with powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon or mace as desired. Serve with warmed syrup of choice. (Peppermint infused maple syrup might be nice if not 'over the top'!).
A few times during the year (out of season) I manage to whip together some eggnog for recipes like this one, & did so this time as well! All for a good cause, since these waffles are very, very tasty & satisfying! Thoroughly enjoyable! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef]