Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I have made this many times. Thanks to a wonderful chef on Zaar I now add baking powder to my scrambled eggs to make them light and fluffy. There are no other changes. I was raised on Smoked Salmon (not kippered) and it is great with eggs and so is green peppers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups smoked salmon, pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium frying pan add oil and heat. Then add green pepper. Saute until slightly soft.
- In mixing bowl, add eggs,milk,baking powder,salt, pepper. Mix well.
- Add mixture to sauted green peppers, turn heat on medium heat to low,
- Stir to turn over and break apart, add smoked salmon and gently mix.
- Do not overcook, you want the scrambled eggs to be soft and fluffy, not hard. The amount of green pepper pieces and smoked salmon pieces can be adjusted.
- Note: Sometimes I add a bay leaf to the oil while the oil is heating up. Then remove to use for another dish.