Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple, fuss-free, yet delicious breakfast/snack.
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (optional)
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated or chopped
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices white bread
- Beat eggs in a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and herbs.
- Microwave-cook the eggs for about 10-15 sec on HIGH, remove, stir with a fork; continue to cook for another 10-15 sec, stir- repeat until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Spread 1 tsp mayo on each piece of bread, top them cooked egg and cheddar.
- Broil/toast in the oven at 375F/ 400F for 5-8mins until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with more freshly ground black pepper if desired before serving.
Loved the taste of Italian seasoning in my eggs. I used a 100% whole wheat grain English muffin and ate it like a breakfast sandwich. Better than a fast food breakfast sandwich.
I'd never put Italian seasoning in my eggs before- it's a good combination! I used three eggs and three pieces of toast- the eggs took about a minute and a half to cook in the microwave. This was a quick and easy breakfast that even my two year-old daughter enjoyed. Thanks!