Prep 3 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted by request - this is one of the easiest recipes for a wee Scottish sweet.
- 2 lbs caster sugar (or superfine sugar)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (light corn syrup may be substituted)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 ounces water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a pan and melt slowly stir constantly over low heat until boiling.
- Boil about 30 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and beat well and pour onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Mark (score cutting line marks) when cool; cut when cold.
easy to make and its great
easy to follow and tastes great