Recipe by stormylee
Don't know if this is a Scottish recipe - I think it's called that because of the whiskey! Recipe from Glorian ruoka&viini magazine.
Top Review by Jezski
FANTASTIC!! Stormylee, this is one delicious, rich, creamy, ELEGANT dessert! Who would have thought oats could be all that. And it's simple, quick and easy to make. It actually serves 4 very generously. I will try it with a combination of Kahlua and brandy next time. Hey, oats are a health food, right? We thank you so much for sharing; it's a KEEPER. You have very interesting recipes posted, will try some of the others....Janet
- 100 ml rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped semisweet chocolate
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 50 ml whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully toast oats in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Let cool.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar and chopped chocolate to the oats, stir.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold in the oat-chocolate mixture.
- Add whiskey and stir to combine.
- Divide between dishes and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Garnish with extra chopped chocolate.