1/7 Photos of Scottish Borders Rumbledethumps!
It's cold outside. You're feeling blue. You need rumbledethumps, it's so comforting! If you're feeling really down, top with a fried egg. Adapted from Good Cooking by Jill Dupleix. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 350*F.
- 2Peel potatoes and cut into coarse chunks. Remove any tougfh outer leaves and the core from the cabbage, and finely slice the leaves.
- 3Cook the potatoes in a large pan of simmering salted water for 10 minutes, then add the cabbage and cook until both are tender, but not overly soft, about 10 more minutes. Now add the green onions for the last minute of cooking. Drain well.
- 4Add the butter, half and half, and most of the cheeses, leaving a little to sprinkle over the top later. Mash well, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 5You may serve it at this stage, sprinkled with the rest of the cheese. Or, if you like, pour it all into a buttered baking dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake until lightly browned and steaming hot, 25-30 minutes!
- 6If you want to make this a main dish, fry the eggs to your liking and place on top of each serving.
- 7Now you're feeling better. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scottish Borders Rumbledethumps!
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 497.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g