Jersey Disco Fries
A Jersey diner staple -- great for when you're feeling extra sinful or late at night when you need to sober up.
- Ready In:
- 1 (28 ounce) package frozen steak-style French fries (waffle and shoe string cut also work great)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz (or your favorite packaged cheese sauce)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar prepared gravy (chicken or beef gravy)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange steak fries in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking sheet.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. (Check the frozen fries' packaging for alternate baking directions).
- About 5 minutes before the fries are finished baking, pour the gravy in a small pot and warm on the stove over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Empty the cheese sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with a sheet of paper towel (to protect against splattering). Heat the sauce on high for 30 seconds, then stop and stir the sauce.
- Repeat microwaving the cheese sauce on high for 30-second intervals for about 2 to 3 total minutes. (You want to heat it enough that it becomes easily pourable).
- Take fries out of the oven and place on a large platter.
- Pour gravy over the fries.
- Then pour on the cheese sauce. Add as much cheese and gravy as you want -- some like their disco fries drier; others like them drowning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 24 more