1/2 Photos of Scotcheroos
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is from my sister's mother-in-law. It is my take-everywhere recipe and is often requested by coworkers and friends. It's an easy, quick, no-bake recipe. I have a hard time not eating-as-I-go when I make these. As a personal choice, I use milk chocolate chips, but semi-sweet are good too. They take about 20 minutes to make, the long cook time includes the hour of refrigeration for bars to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure out 6 cups of Rice Krispies into large bowl.
- 2Measure out 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter, add to bowl with cereal.
- 3Heat 1 cup Karo syrup and 1 cup sugar to a boil in a 2-quart sauce pan, stirring constantly. Remove and pour on peanut butter (this will melt PB and make stirring easier).
- 4Stir until cereal is covered, spread mixture into 9x13 pan, set aside.
- 5Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in microwave (1 minute, stir, repeat) or over medium heat on stove (stir constantly). Spread on top of cereal mixture.
- 6Refrigerate for 1 hour. Bars will cut best when they've warmed to room tempreature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scotcheroos
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g