Cornbread Dressing Recipe from Ebony Magazine
- Ready In:
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups onions
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 bunch green onion
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- salt & pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 cups cornbread
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken giblets
- 6 -8 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Finely chop vegetables and cook with sage, poultry seasoning and thyme in melted butter until tender, about 10 minute in large saucepan.
- Combine cooked,crumbled cornbread, dried stuffing mix and cooked, finely chopped giblets in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chicken broth (add broth as needed)and cooked vegetable mixture and mix well. Season the dressing with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste. Stir in raw egg.
- Pour dressing in large pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minute until lightly brown.
- Yields 12-15 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!