Recipe by Dianne Clewien
I like my scones a little on the sweet side. So I came up with this recipe after trying many others and finding them just a little to biscuit like.
Top Review by meganharrison99
SUGAR COOKIES!!! NOT SCONES!!!!!! Today I made these scones. Sad but true when we made the dough they tasted like sugar cookies. I thought well after they are cooked they might taste more like scones. But no!! My family all said I thought you made scones not sugar cookies!!! Well they do look and taste the same. I looked up the sugar cookie recipe and it was pretty much the same as this recipe. If you want to eat sugar cookies NOT scones make this recipe!!!!
- 5 -8 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- spices or fruit, if your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 5 cups of the flour with baking powder& salt added.
- Beat butter and sugar until light& fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, milk, and vanilla mixing well.
- Add whatever spices or fruit you want here.
- Stir in flour until hold together and can be kneaded.
- May need to add additional reserved flour.
- Turn out on to floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes.
- Do not over work the dough.
- Roll on floured surface to 1/2- 1 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Bake@ 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.